Having painted the pack of the finished embroidery with diluted PVA glue and left it overnight to dry, I cut out the snowdrop:
I’m getting used to dealing with the fiddly shape by now!
This time, I’m applying it to a green velvet background, for a complete contrast with the previous snowdrops. I used one strand of the appropriate shades to stitch it down around the edges, tucking any wisps of the organza under as far as possible:
And trimmed and finished with a backing fabric, to neaten it up:
I think that’s it for snowdrops for the time being, but I do thinks it’s a pretty design. It’s worked well in the three different ways I’ve done it, and I’m sure would lend itself to other interpretations too.