The rest of the goldwork edging

I can’t believe it’s been so long since I last posted – I hadn’t realised it was such a long time ago.  Sorry about that! But if I haven’t been posting I have been stitching, and have finished edging all the flowers.  Another major milestone completed! Last time, I’d finished all the flowers to the left…

Flowers centre and left

I’ve been busy.  I’ve made a good start with getting the flowers applied to the background, starting with the cowslip in the centre: I find it a big help to get the centre flower in first – it makes it much easier to judge the placement when I can work outwards from it. So, using…

The final, FINAL sheet of flowers

Well, the big day is finally here: I have finished stitching all of the flowers for the Banner.  This is momentous enough to be documented in detail, I think, so here goes. The last sheet of flowers to do is the cowslip that’ll go in the centre of the top panel: I outlined the cups…

Wood avens leaves

The last ever wood avens leaves.  I like saying that! I forgot to take a photo before I started, but I hadn’t got too far before I remembered: With the outline done: The central leaf veins: The darkest filling-in colour in the centre: Shading into the lighter colour: And finally, the lighter colour, filling in…

The very last wood avens

An even shorter post than last time, I’m afraid, as I’ve about run out of things to say about the flowers by now.  So, in amongst the latest crop of domestic catastrophes (my oven burst into flame, and subsequent investigations have turned up some expensive wiring problems), I have managed to battle on with the sewing….

Second-last wood avens

A very quick post: there are a lot more wood avens on this panel, and I’m doing them on two sheets.  Here’s the first, with the green sepals stitched: Then with the yellow petals: And completed, with the central area filled in with French knots: There are (obviously) six flowers on this sheet, but just…

Final (and fewer) ferns

Things have been really hectic at work leading up to a new product launch, which happened today, but which won’t be of much interest to you unless you happen to work in the construction industry.  Late nights at the office have meant rather less time for sewing, but I’ve done bits when I can, and…

Cowslips

The second-last-ever cowslip.  Not much of a milestone, but it’s something! That’s all of the embroidery for the right panel done, so now it’s back to applying all the flowers to the velvet.  Once I’ve got this panel done, I’ll really start to feel that the end is in sight. (Sorry for the very short…

The first milestone

Today is an important day: it marks the first milestone in completing the Banner.  And here it is: It’s a sheet of foxgloves, and yes, you’ve seen other ones before, but what makes this one important, is that it’s the last one.  There are four foxgloves on the Banner – two each on the left and…

Four more ferns

Another update for you: the remaining four ferns for this panel: I’m pleased with progress so far – I’ve just got two more sheets of flowers to do (a foxglove and the cowslips), then that’s it for this panel, and ahead of schedule too. I haven’t done them yet, though.  Back to work!