Sorry about not posting for ages – no particular reason other than general busyness. I hadn’t realised it’d been so long!
So, back to Carbonifera and plan A. This is how far I’d got before I started to worry about it:
Still using the same materials and techniques I was fretting about before (and which still have the same problems, but never mind), I’ve got quite a bit further on, doing the odd hour here and there. I finished the first complete leaf:
And in close-up:
Then the second one:
And in close-up again:
It’s not as good as it could be, for all the reasons I went through before, but I still quite like it.