Nothing to do with embroidery, and mostly for UK readers, but please, please show your support for 6 Music. You never know, maybe even the BBC’s upper management may listen to sense.
If you’re not familiar with it, 6 Music is a BBC (i.e. public service broadcasting) radio station that plays alternative and indie music from all eras, and is the best way I know of to find out about and hear new bands. I listen to it all the time when I’m sewing, and like many others have gone on to buy a lot of music that I first heard there, so it directly supports those areas of the creative industries you won’t find in the mainstream.
If you want to become part of the popular protest, you can:
- Start listening! The more listeners it has, the less excuse there is to axe it. Having a DAB radio is not essential – you can listen to it on digital TV, including cable, Sky and Freeview, or online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/
- Send your views directly to the BBC during the 3-month consultation period, at SRconsultation@bbc.co.uk
- Alternatively, email the BBC Trust, which represents licence-fee payers, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the BBC complaint form at https://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/ or ring the customer feedback line on 03700 100 222 (UK only)
- Join the Facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=278123313911
- Follow the campaign on Twitter at @savesixmusic
- Sign the petitions at http://www.petition.fm/petitions/6musicasiannet/1000/ and http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/s/BBCcuts?source=homepage#petition
Let’s make them know they can’t rob us of our radio. Keep the faith!